We are looking to add a full-time Medical Receptionist to our team. Top candidates will display a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail oriented. You will be the first point of contact to all of the incoming patients and guests, and will be a vital part of the team.
- Greet patients and others in a professional and courteous manner; answering questions and referring inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, computers, telephones, etc.)
- Answer phones with great customer service phone ability. Frequent interaction with doctors’ offices, labs, hospitals and patients.
- Schedule appointments; collecting copays, posting and reconciling payments. Monitor schedule to help with patient schedule which will determine what reports/forms are necessary to get prior authorization from insurance carrier
- Receive incoming faxes and be able to understand the necessary steps to preparing/updating patient charts
- Verify insurance coverage/benefits using online web pages of carriers
- Preparing/updating patient charts not limited to: gathering and researching all necessary information case by case
- Preparing and sending medical records
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of clinic.
- Keep records and inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Assist with mini-projects when time allows.
- Must have good listening skills and compassion for all patients
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task, be able to prioritize daily responsibilities, be detail oriented and work well in a fast-paced office environment
- Prior use and understanding of Microsoft Office is required
- Prior medical office experience is preferred, but will train the right person.
- Health benefits
- IRA Match
- 6 paid holidays
- 2-weeks PTO accrued per year
- Employee discount on massage services
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 7.30pm, Friday 7.00am - 6.00pm
Full-Time: Shifts will vary between office hours listed.
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
References will be requested.